Thursday, March 21, 2013

Carpe Diem #151, Haru Fukashi (deep Spring)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As I am preparing this episode outside it feels really like Spring. The sun is shining, a few Forsythia flowers blooming, nice temperature, almost no wind and I have been in the garden to drink my coffee. Really it feels like Spring ... awesome!
Today another late-Spring kigo, Haru Fukashi (deep Spring), is on. Deep Spring ... spring runs to it's end and the most trees, bushes and weeds are wonderfully green ... the sun has become warmer and the longing for Summer starts being in my bones. Spring was great ... all those wonderful flowers, like Narcissus and Tulips and those blossoming trees, Plum tree, Cherry tree and not to forget the Magnolia. Nature has become completely new. Mother Nature has her nicest robe on ... Spring ... ah what a wonderful season.

I found a nice haiku on this kigo. It's written by Narayanan Raghunathan, one of the founders of Wonder Haiku Worlds , a website about haiku and other Japanese poetry forms. He wrote this on in 2010.



golden dawn -  
deep spring mountain 
shivers in breeze


(c) 2010 - Narayanan Raghunathan


Credits: Deep Spring (This is really a wonderful website).

I wonder if I can write haiku on Deep Spring?

everywhere I look
nature is in full bloom -
deep Spring

deep Spring
I already can feel Summer -
walking along the beach

walking along the beach
the russtling of the dune grasses
deep Spring


Not a strong cascading, but I loved writing and composing it. Have fun, be creative and share your haiku with us all here on Carpe Diem ... where you just have to enjoy composing haiku without strict rules.

This prompt will stay on 'till March 23th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Hanagumori (blossom haze), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET)





6 comments:

  1. You captured the sound of the spring grasses in your poem! I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your set immensely....felt hopeful and cheerful - the way I think you live...however, I am envious about your weather - it snowed here today..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am envious you had a Spring day! Writing about Deep Spring when it hasn't yet arrived here makes me feel warm and hopeful. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, those rustling dune grasses. Life truly is a beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so lucky to have such great weather! in Romania the sun is still in strike and the spring is toying with us. I hope it'll give in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely time of year when it finally arrives. Spring in Downeast Maine is usually late...the forsythia is my signal that maybe it won't snow any more. The tulips and crocus' are usually still in bloom...beauty all around.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete