Sunday, March 17, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #27, Onitsura's Valley Stream



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's halfway this month of Carpe Diem and I am already busy to prepare our new promptlist for our next month April. In that month I will become 50 yr and so there will be a few prompts referring to events which have occured in my life. And I love to share in that month haiku written by myself for the Carpe Diem Specials if that's ok with you of course.

Today another haiku poet is the composer of our Special. Onitsura (1660-1738) was a physician and a haiku poet. He has written wonderful haiku and this one is one of my favorites. So have fun, let the haiku by Onitsura be your source of inspiration and write your haiku inspired on the one by Onitsura (and maybe in his Spirit).



tani-mizu ya ishi mo utayomu yama-zakura

the wild cherry:
stones also are singing their songs
in the valley stream


Credits: Valley stream

Well ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with our community. This prompt will stay on 'til March 19th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Aomugi (green barley), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).





11 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to be 50. Really. And hopefully we can celebrate you with nice haiku

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 years of age is certainly wonderful! I will be 50 myself this year, somewhat later than you, in July, and I like it! The age of beauty! (!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stream. The water looks so inviting that it sent me down memory lane remembering many wonderful days spent wading through the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to celebrate and reflect on your 50th year! I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this a tough prompt! So I went to my own 'stream' and wrote about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else. Fifty is wonderful! ( I remember it well :0 )Look forward to sharing your birthday. Will there be cake?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's also wonderful to be among a few other 50 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's also wonderful to be among a few other 50 year olds, who write haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're planning an appropriately celebratory prompt for your 50th birthday Kristjaan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting to help you celebrate your 50th birthday...a memorable milestone, for sure. I am heading for the big 70 next year...but remember my 50th birthday fondly because of the celebration with family and friends.
      Peace

      Delete
  10. The Mill Stream has a lovely flow this time of year...it is next to where I paint on Monday's and Friday's and ends in a pond, then over a dam to the bay, then the bay to the ocean.

    A wonderful way to remember these moments in time.
    Peace,

    ReplyDelete