Saturday, March 30, 2013

Carpe Diem #158, Yanagi (Willow)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today is our last day of Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme month March. I have really enjoyed this month of haiku writing. I have read wonderful haiku and I know it wasn't easy to write them with all those nice classical Japanese kigo for Spring, but you all did very well. It makes me so proud that this haiku community is a success and that you, my dear haijin, visitors and travelers, have written all those excellent haiku.
I have published the new prompt-list for Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme month April. You can find it under the tab Carpe Diem April 2013. I think I have succeeded to make a wonderful new prompt-list. Let me know if you like the new prompt-list and if you have prompt suggestions ... please share them in the Prompt Suggestion part of this weblog.

Today we share haiku on Yanagi (Willow), a kigo for late-Spring. I haven't time enough to write an 'big' episode so I love to share a wonderful picture of a Willow.


Willow (Salix)

And I love to share a new haiku freshly written:

reflecting willow
on the bank of the pond -
upside down world


Well ... have fun and share your haiku with Carpe Diem. This prompt will stay on 'till April 1st 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our first prompt of April, Zodiac, later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).






6 comments:

  1. Kristjaan, I love the haiku you share... great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your haiku with the photo and ...upside down world ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one -- Sorry I've missed most of the month. Traveling has limited my access. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Kristjaan, and everyone. I just noticed that all the prompts for April have to do with the Zodiac. I'm afraid they don't stir my heart to write haiku, so I'll probably take a respite and see you all in May. Enjoy your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a willow in my back yard...but my favorite willow tree is at the Asticou Azalea Gardens in Northeast Harbor, Maine. That is what I wrote about.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete