Monday, March 2, 2015

Carpe Diem #679, Light


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a nice month this will be ... I already have seen wonderful and beautiful haiga and I am proud on all of you. I asked myself "Can poets be painters too?" and I can only say that's correct they can also paint and make great photos. We (haiku-poets) aren't only painters with words, but also with images ... great.

Today I have a nice prompt for you all and I think this prompt will inspire you ... today our prompt is light and that can mean different things ... it can be "light according to weight", "light according to day", "light according to Creation" or "light according to awakening of the Inner Self, the Inner Wisdom". So I think this episode could become a nice spiritual episode ...
Maybe you can remember this haiku which I wrote in March 2013:

on the verandah
in the light of a Spring lantern

writing haiku

writing haiku

inspired on the wonderful sunset
a Spring evening

Or this one which I wrote in that same year as the above around the Vernal Equinox:

celebrating the sun
with narcissus flowers in my hair -
Spring Equinox


Spring Equinox
day and night the same lenght
departing Winter


In these haiku you can sense the underlying (deeper) spiritual meaning of light ... I have taken the spiritual path for this prompt light. Spirituality has a very significant relation with light. As light signifies the supreme power/energy which is moving this whole earth, planet and universe. Though significance of light is the Light which is inside of us. This light is there till the person is alive and it is this light which goes when the person is considered lifeless.
In spirituality this light is seen as the essence of God in every human being and he/she can actually see it within if they have received the technique to go within which is self-knowledge.


And here is my haiga for this episode:


the night deepens
darker and darker the sky
without the streetlights
the night sky looks like a light show
the full moon and thousands of stars

© Chèvrefeuille


Again a tanka, but this one you already knew I think because I published it recently in September 2014. I had taken a photo of the full moon, but it wasn't a great photo, so for this one I have borrowed an image somewhere from the internet. I couldn't retrieve the credits.

Well ... it was not a long post this time, but I liked making it. So I hope this episode will inspire you all to compose, create a haiga ... have fun! This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 6th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode, our first haiku written by our featured haiku poet, Santoka Taneda, later on.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for those beautiful and inspiring words. And a tanka! - though secretely a haiku........!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....................and really, such an atmospheric tanka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a beauty, Chevrefeuille :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inspiration from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fragile beauty ebook is a treasure. What an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...LOVED the creativity. I am still soaking in the metaphors!
    Came here after a hiatus. Enjoyed writing on this prompt, Kristjaan. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another inspiring prompt I missed...
    I am reading through the many posts of yours that I have missed and loving them.
    I really enjoyed the 'Spring Equinox' haiku.

    ReplyDelete