Saturday, March 7, 2015

Carpe Diem #682, Raindrops


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our fantastic and fabulous haiku family blog. Today I have a nice (but short) post for you all. Our new episode is titled "raindrops" and the first thing which came in my mind was a song "raindrops keep falling on my head" and I love to share that song here for your inspiration (and mine of course).


The song is by B.J. Thomas and comes from the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" .... I love this song, but I only knew it sung by Sinatra, but this one is the original and it sounds great.

I hope this song will inspire you to write an all new haiku and share it with us in a haiga. Here is my attempt:

Credits: raindrops
I couldn't find a nice picture by myself, so I used the above picture to create this haiga. I hope this post will inspire you to create a beautiful haiga ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and it will remain open until March 11th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, brush, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiga with us all.


7 comments:

  1. Excellent haiku. You're on roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love rain and the cherry blossoms becoming one ~ Very contemplative haiku! Wonderful!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet, happy feel to this post, Chevrefeuille - and your haiga is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your haiga so very very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sent me down memory lane...so many moments treasured. Great prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was fun! Since I've only just began writing haiku again after a 20-plus year hiatus, I found this a neat exercise; I'd never written haiga before. Thanks again for the creative prompt and for sharing all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your haiku here, Chèvrefeuille - the way the last line might unite the rain and blossom or unite the reader with them gives it a wonderful contemplative atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete