Thursday, March 12, 2015

Carpe Diem #685, first flowers (of spring)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Spring is almost starting and if you look around you you can see already trees starting to blossom, flowers starting to bloom and bushes starting to blossom. Even a faint greenish can be seen already at the bare branches ... spring is almost there.
Today I love to invite you all to write/compose haiku on first flowers and share them in haiga with us all here at our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

As I look around me in my neighborhood than I see already Crocuses, Narcissus's, Tulips and the first Plum blossoms appearing. Yesterday I saw that the Almond trees and Magnolia trees are almost bursting from their buds ... and than I know "yes spring is here again". Spring .... finally the dark part of the year has gone and the light has returned ... spring is my season ...

Forsythia
on bare branches
yellow flowers of Forsythia -
Ah! that sweet perfume

© Chèvrefeuille

The Forsythia's perfume is really fragile, but it becomes stronger after the rain ... I like their beautiful and fragile yellow blossoms and I always enjoy it as I see them ... spring is there almost.


Credits: Yellow Crocus
between the last snow
the yellow flowers and green leaves
of a snow-crocus

© Chèvrefeuille

It's amazing to see how much yellow flowers and blossoms there are as spring is almost there ... it seems like Mother Nature is preparing us for Easter ... Look at this gorgeous Narcissus.


Credits: Narcissus
Narcissus ...
bows its yellow head to the pond
like that youngster

© Chèvrefeuille

I think you all know to which youngster I am referring in the above haiku ... yes ... that youngster Narcissus which fell in love with his own reflection. An awesome story which I like very much. The above haiku I have used in a haiga.


narcissus ...
bows its yellow head to the pond
like that youngster

© Chèvrefeuille
Unfortunately I hadn't a picture made by myself to use for this haiga so I found this incredible photo which I have used. (Credits photo).

Of course there are a lot of first flowers to bring up, but because of the fact that we are on our way to Easter (this period of the year is called Lent or Lenten) I decided to only use yellow flowers.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and it will remain open until March 16th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode, Magnolia, later on. For now .... have fun and enjoy the first flowers of spring while we are on our way to Easter.


1 comment:

  1. This was deceptively hard. Your haiku has a touch of bitterness in the softness I think, so I went that way

    ReplyDelete