Thursday, July 11, 2019

Carpe Diem #1701 sundown (or sunset) one-bun


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode in our wonderful "Summer Love" month. This month all our prompts are some way or the other themed "Summer Love". Today I have chosen the prompt "sundown" (or sunset). I love the sunset in summer it gives me always the feeling of romance and the night coming full of love and lust.

Today's challenge is to create a so called "one-bun", a form invented by Jim Kacian. The one-bun is an ultra-short haibun which has just one line of prose (including the title) and a (one-line) haiku. I will give an example of this one-bun written by Jim himself.

The second week

traveling by myself I cross the continental divide, and everything that once ran in one way now runs in another, down and down

on the surface of dark water my face

© Jim Kacian

Summer Sundown
Your task today is to create a "one-bun" themed "sundown". Enjoy this challenge.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until July 18th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new weekend-meditation later on. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment