Sunday, July 28, 2019

Carpe Diem #1712 twilight


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome a new episode in our wonderful CDHK month about "Summer Love". Today I have chosen for the theme "twilight" that small period between day and night that I find amazing in summer. The last rays of sunlight against the deep blue nightsky. Stars twinkle and the constellations we all know so well are starting to become visible. An amazing time ...

I remember when I was a youngster (say end teens) I lived in a town close to the North Sea and I had my first date with a beautiful girl. She worked at the same institution for the mentally disabled. She really was a gorgeous girl and one day, we both had a few days off, we decided to take a room at a small hotel close to the North Sea. We had a room with a view on the sea ... It was a wonderful, but hot, summer day. The sky was blue without clouds, the sun was downing and the day ran to its end. It was the most wonderful sunset I had ever seen, maybe because I was watching it with her. We sat on the balcony, a glass of white wine in our hands ... It was there that we made love the very first time and that was fantastic, because it was in that strange moment of the day we call "twilight".


Twilight (photo © Joisey Showaa)

An amazing time of the day ... that's for sure, but to create a haiku or tanka with it, will not be easy I think. Well I have given it a try:

in the twilight
only the song of cicadas -
my love's breathing

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... a nice one I think and now it is up to you. This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 4th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment