Monday, July 29, 2019

Carpe Diem #1713 Summer Love ... a full circle challenge


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the penultimate episode of this wonderful CDHK "Summer Love" month. All the prompts were in a way connected to summer love and you all did a great job on this theme. Today I have chosen an episode of one of our not so renown special features, "Full Circle".

Let me tell you what the goal is of this feature "full circle": The goal is to write haiku with twelve (12) words I will give. It's a kind of word-whirl and you have to use the words given in the clock-wise direction. So every word has to come in the line of it's place on the clock e.g. sunflower you have to use for line one (1) and rain storm for line two (2) and so on.




I will give you twelve (12) words (for every ''hour'') one word. The goal is to write haiku using the words as given in the clock wise way.

Here are the 12 (twelve) words for this new episode:

1. summer love
2. rain storm
3. beach
4. sea shore
5. shells
6. making love
7. garden
8. waterfall
9. stones
10. French kiss
11. sunflower
12. shadow

If you follow the words clock wise than you can compose four new haiku.


French Kiss (credits of photo not known)

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 5th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish the last "Summer Love" episode later on. For now ... have fun!


1 comment:

  1. what an interesting challenge Chèvrefeuille - thank you, it was fun, entertaining and of course, has me thinking about haiku in a new way :)

    and a question from the annoying girl who sits at the back of the class ....

    4 new haiku created with (12 words) 3 (provided) word groups, following the clock (wise) sequence - Check. I understand. But I'd like to know if the words can float in each haiku's line? or simply put - should they start the line .... just curious.

    While warming up to the words (not the day - it's blistering hot here and extremely humid) I chose the "start it off" option - and I was surprised by how "clear and precise" the ideas came. Some form of haiku magic danced with the dragonflies .... I think.

    I may sit with this "word whirl" list and see if anything else comes to dip its toes in the pond.

    thanks again -

    ReplyDelete