Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Carpe Diem #1709 shadow (Crossroads-Troiku)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Kai. This month we have all prompts about "Summer Love". I love summer, but at the moment I "hate" summer because here in The Netherlands we have a heatwave. It's more than 30 degrees Celsius and later this week we will have temperatures around 40 degrees Celsius. For us dutch people this is really to hot ... but we have to deal with it. That's why my wife and I are always seeking for shadow to cool down. That brings me to the prompt for today "shadow".




Today I love to challenge you to create a Troiku with a so called "fusion-haiku", that new haiku created from two given haiku ... a crossroads episode this will be. Here are the two haiku to work with:

blue autumn skies
folded into mountains
purple shadow

© Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)

such a hot day
my shadow needs to cool down
under the willow

© Kyoshi Takahama (1874-1958)

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until July 30th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment