- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Carpe Diem #240, Joy
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
What a JOY to prepare another episode for Carpe Diem. I have read wonderful haiku last days and a few nice completed Tan Renga and then that (to me) new sedoka, lovely form, have to try that myself once. It's really a joy to see how our hau-community is growing, what a joy to see new names between the submissions. Really awesome.
Today we share haiku on Joy. And the frist thing which came in mind was something what once was said to me by a preacher. He said: "Do you know what JOY means?" As I gave him the right answer he laughed brightly and shook his head. "You're right, it means fun, happiness, but it also means Jesus first, Others next, Yourself at last. Then you're life will be full of joy". I am not a preacher and I don't intent to give a sermon, but I think that he was right.
with the water nozzle
a hot summer day
a hot summer day
finally at the end of the day
the joy of rain
Well ... not a long episode, because of lack of time, but I liked writing it. Have fun, enjoy the inspiration and share your joy with us here on Carpe Diem.
This prompt will stay on 'til July 8th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Sacrifice, later on around 8.00 PM (CET) (I hope to be on time). Our linking widget is now open for submissions on Joy.