Saturday, July 6, 2013

Carpe Diem #240, Joy


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a JOY to prepare another episode for Carpe Diem. I have read wonderful haiku last days and a few nice completed Tan Renga and then that (to me) new sedoka, lovely form, have to try that myself once. It's really a joy to see how our hau-community is growing, what a joy to see new names between the submissions. Really awesome.

Today we share haiku on Joy. And the frist thing which came in mind was something what once was said to me by a preacher. He said: "Do you know what JOY means?" As I gave him the right answer he laughed brightly and shook his head. "You're right, it means fun, happiness, but it also means Jesus first, Others next, Yourself at last. Then you're life will be full of joy". I am not a preacher and I don't intent to give a sermon, but I think that he was right.


children playing
with the water nozzle
a hot summer day

a hot summer day
finally at the end of the day
the joy of rain


Well ... not a long episode, because of lack of time, but I liked writing it. Have fun, enjoy the inspiration and share your joy with us here on Carpe Diem.

This prompt will stay on 'til July 8th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Sacrifice, later on around 8.00 PM (CET) (I hope to be on time). Our linking widget is now open for submissions on Joy.



6 comments:

  1. I apologize for being late to prompts lately and commenting. Working through eye/headache stuff. May have posted this before but don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small observation: Participation in commenting on other people's posts seems to have fallen off recently...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

      Delete
    2. I am behind on my commenting... I will get round to everyone...

      Delete
    3. Great entry, and wonderful haiku. Easy to some extent... but at the same time more difficult

      Delete
  3. What I mean is, that some people link their haiku to Carpe Diem, but fail to comment on other people's haiku. It's called "link and run." I think it's rude.

    ReplyDelete