Friday, July 26, 2013

Carpe Diem #256, Confrontation


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another nice day in Carpe Diem's haiku paradise has started. Today we share haiku on Confrontation, not an easy prompt I think. This prompt can be taken positive or negative. Confrontation with something as bad as a terminal illness of being confrontated with the deeper knowledge of your Higher Self. If the confrontation is positive or negative it always has impact on your life and the lives of the ones around you.



A video of a song from Les Miserables in which the Confrontation collides between the revolting people. A wonderful song, this man sings awesome ... I like that deep brown sound of his voice.


confrontation near
enemies collide in battle -
bloodstained earth

bloodstained earth
silent witness of a crime
a mouse was eaten

a mouse was eaten
after thrown out of the kitchen -
screaming housekeeper


Well ... what do you think? I have tried to bring a little bit humor in this series of haiku on confrontation and I think I have succeeded. But that's not up to me to decide.
This prompt will stay on 'til July 28th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Liberation later on today around 8.00 PM (CET) !! Confrontation is open for submissions at 8.00 PM (CET) !!
By the way: I have gained permission of Karunesh and Oreade Music to use his music next month. I was excited when I got that permission. So next month will be a marvelous month with all day wonderful musical pieces by Karunesh  (The permission email you can find at the News page).


5 comments:

  1. I like your story about the poor mouse. Unfortunately most things that eat them leave more than blood behind...kitties like to bring half-eaten presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor mouse ~ lovely cascading haiku ~ Happy Weekend to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the posting window! Darn. Here is mine though:http://wp.me/p2YYvK-xM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely prompt...I fell asleep after church...which is better than IN church,...but when I woke up it was too late to post on confrontation. A great prompt as I said already.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if I wrote a note waiting to be posted...
    missed the posting time ... fell asleep after church which is better than IN church.
    I did read everyone's post listed here...awesome posts.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete