Friday, July 5, 2013

Carpe Diem's Freestyle #1



Good day dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

As I told you earlier this month I start a new feature on Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme. I have called it "Carpe Diem's Freestyle" and as the name already says ... feel free to share your haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka, sedoka and all other forms of Japanese poetry here. No prompt ... just freedom to share your haiku or other Japanese kind of poetry here.

I love to share a special form of haiku with you all. Somewhere at the start of last November I published a Carpe Diem Preview about troiku and I love to share here a troiku with you all.


The Sleigh:


walking on the heath
in the light of the full moon
the scent of autumn

Horse 1:


walking on the heath
feeling one with a Shepherd
in contact with God

(Inspired on the Shepherd boy in The Alchemist of Paulo Coelho)

Horse 2:


in the light of the full moon
laying down in the meadow
the River of Heaven (*)

(*) the Milky Way

Horse 3:


the scent of autumn
feelings of departure and loneliness
tears in the puddle


I hope you liked this Troiku and maybe you will try it yourself. It's really fun to do and makes you more creative.


This Freestyle episode will stay on 'til July 12th 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku or other Japanese poetry form here with us all.



8 comments:

  1. I've added a tanka I attempted a week or two ago. It's my first ever tanka! Thanks for this new 'freestyle' feature, Kristjaan. A good place to stretch and grow and try new things!! I enjoyed your troiku --a new form for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just posted the link to an old troiku, which I didn't have the chance to link here up till now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added a sedoka I did and never published when it was the form for all at dVerse. It was inspired by the Kingfisher kigo.. Troiku I have not tried yet. Maybe next week or at OLN (by the way I will be hosting that next Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked to my first attempt at a sedoka 5-7-7-5-7-7 (love poem) which I did for dVerse but had almost no feedback. I know there are more nuances to it but I just wanted to try it. Hopefully I can find my way through the next one with some wise words from others who know the form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse me, but may I ask--what is dVerse, and what is OLN?

    These poems are beautiful. I love hearing everyone's free style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make do with just haiku for this time. I'll try for variations at other times forthwith. Great that Kris is making it 'open' for us. Thanks Kris!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I have written two haiku, inspired from Basho's cold rain.. I wanted to write a tanka.. May be next time then.

    ReplyDelete