Thursday, July 18, 2013

Carpe Diem #248, Inner Beauty


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Sorry guys ... I am very late with publishing this post, this new episode of Carpe Diem. I was at work and I had a very busy evening, so I couldn't prepare our episode for today. Today our prompt is Inner Beauty a nice prompt I think.
No ... big post today just the prompt and my attempt to write a haiku about Inner Beauty.


smiling geisha
hides her beauty behind a fan
and her white face

her white face
the rule for her class of beauty -
no Inner Beauty




This prompt will stay on 'til July 19th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Compassion, later on (I hope) around 8.00 PM (CET). Have fun be inspired abnd share your haiku with us.



4 comments:

  1. Ah, some days just catch up on us. I'm so happy for the prompt so it's always worth the wait. Love the first of your haiku :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the Geisha must have some beauty within?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristjaan, I love this haiku. Poignant reflection on inner and outer beauty and beauty's connection to culture and time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this prompt easy yet hard...I could think of so many examples of inner beauty, but not the words.
    The haiku I wrote, came to me while half asleep and I'd written it on the notebook beside my bed. Sigh.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete