Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #46, Jane Reichhold's "forgotten brook"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our next Special haiku by Jane Reichhold is in my opinion a little gem. In the first Special by Jane Reichhold we had a New Year haiku, today we go in to Spring. A nice Spring haiku written by Jane for your inspiration.
As you all can see I have made a new logo for our Specials. It's the Eye of Horus and it stands for wisdom and knowledge ... so I thought that this could be a nice new logo for our Specials, in the Specials we are looking closer to a haiku written by a haiku-poet or haiku-poetess.


Jane Reichhold


Let us look closer at her haiku for today's Special:


forgotten brook
running the centuries down
locked in rock


What do we read, see, hear, smell and feel? As I close my eyes and try to imagine the scene of this haiku I feel happiness. I hear the gurgling of the forgotten brook, I smell the fresh Spring air and I feel the breeze. I hear the sweet voices of birds and I feel the silence and the joy that I have found this forgotten brook. A hidden paradise just around the corner. What a sensational haiku ... I am so proud that I may introduce this haiku written by Jane to you all my dear friends.

Just to remind you: the goal of this Special Carpe Diem episode is to be inspired by the haiku of Jane and write a new haiku in the same tone, sense and spirit. My inspired haiku:


timeless beauty -
the glint of polished pebbles
in the crystal brook


Credits: polished pebbles

Well ... my dear friends ... I hope you all did enjoy this episode. I am looking forward to all of your wonderful haiku inspired on this haiku by Jane Reichhold.

This prompt will stay on 'til July 12th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, tribulation, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). !! Open for submissions on this Special at 8.00 PM today !!





4 comments:

  1. The haiku you've chosen to be the inspiration this time is really amazing but must admit yours flows as beautifully, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ese, but I got another feeling from the haiku. Isn't that great that we all conjure different images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation, Kristjaan.. It made me take a deep breath. The image of pebbles is full of splendor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your inspiration and direction from the forgotten brook. I appreciate your sharing your time, talent and gifts with us.

    Great new logo for the specials. :)

    ReplyDelete