Friday, September 18, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #167 Autumn "first snow"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First I have to apologize, because I hadn't an internet connection yesterday, I couldn't post our new CD Special. Sorry for that.

This month all our CD-Specials are themed "autumn" and today I love to challenge you to write an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form inspired on "first snow". I remember that we have had that prompt several times, but I think that was at the start CDHK, so I think this prompt can be used again.

I love to share a wonderful image here and two haiku composed by myself to inspire you. I hope to read wonderful haiku in response on this CD-Special.


first snow
 And here are the haiku to inspire you a little bit more:

first snow has fallen
prints of bare feet to the fence -
sweeping the path


© Chèvrefeuille

virgin snow
stepping into it like a child
bare footed

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 21st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Monoceros (Unicorn), later on today. For now ... have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that it was only lack of Internet that kept you away from us yesterday, Kristjaan! I expected to wake up this morning to find that some terrible thing had happened to you or your family. I'm delighted that my fears were unfounded. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think it is the duty of all to publicise the upcoming kukai. Would be nice to let others know about it.

    ReplyDelete