Saturday, September 26, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Machine #17 Tsuyujimo (dew frost)




Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

September 2015 is running to it's end and next week we will have our first day of our third anniversary. And that makes me happy. Today it is time for an all new CD Time Machine episode and this time I have chosen for a prompt which closed September in 2013. In September 2013 we had all classical kigo for autumn and the prompt than was "Tsuyujimo (dew frost)".

"Haiku isn't only a form of poetry, but it's also a way of life". And that is what haiku is ... haiku is a kind of lifestyle entwined with Zen-Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and other ancient philosophies. All those religious/spiritual ways of life are all a piece of Basho's work and life.

I remember what I wrote than and I love to share that here again. This is what I wrote and while looking back to the start of Carpe Diem ... it makes me proud that CDHK is still here alive and kicking.

Blossoming Cherry blossom

[...] "The above picture shows a cherry tree starting to blossom (photo © Chèvrefeuille '15) and that's what we are here at Carpe Diem ... just starting to bloom. As our next month starts, we start to grow further in a new year of Carpe Diem. To make that second year a way to grow I have changed our groups name a little bit. I have added "kai" to it. "Kai" means "group in Japanese", so we have grown to a Haiku Kai and that makes me happy. So from this day on our haiku-community is called: Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. And with that name I hope we will blossom further and that we will become a full grown cherry tree. [...]

Imagine ... we are here almost three years. I really couldn't have dreamed that as I started our Kai, but we are still here. Did we grow? Are we already grown up? I don't know what you think, but this is what I feel today:

I am proud that we have come this far and I think we are starting to become an adult group of haiku loving poets. In our "life" as a Kai we have seen changes come and go. We are a steady group of poets and we also can say we have published our Kai's haiku in several e-books. We have our own traditions ... think about our kukai, our renga party and all those other beautiful features. I am proud and that makes me humble too. Who am I that I may do this ... being your host and mentor ...!

a little verse
brings people together
without rivalry


© Chèvrefeuille

During the years of our existence we have accomplished a lot, and that's not only my merit, but it's your merit too. I am happy that through our Kai we have promoted haiku all around the globe. We have encountered a lot of wellknown haiku poets e.g. Jane Reichhold, Garry Gay, Jim Kacian, Michael Dylan Welch and Tom D'Evelyn. And they all are cherishing Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and are glad to be part of it. 

Dew Frost
 "Dew frost" is a kind of thin layer of frost on branches, grasses and so on. It's the first signal for the upcoming winter cold, but it also is a wonderful fragile kind of frost which changes Mother Nature's face in to a mysterious and magical world. I love to walk through nature as this dew frost occurs and the early sunlight starts to shine. The trees look somewhat like crystal or diamonds, so fragile in it's beauty. Really awesome ...

What a wonderful sight ... look at those dew drops frozen, like pearls ... nature can be that beautiful, that fragile, that transient ... just like life itself.

early morning walk
through the park that looks so fragile -
sunrise and dew frost

cobweb sparkles
prince winter has made his round
through the city-park

© Chèvrefeuille

Dew frost ... so fragile and so beautiful ... so transient ...

As I started CDHK that was one of my anxieties that this daily haiku meme would be transient like the dew frost, but ... look at us ... we are still here ....

haiku poets
write about transience ... a short moment
lasting in time


© Chèvrefeuille

I am looking forward to our third anniversary and I hope to read wonderful haiku ... tanka ... or other Japanese poetry forms ... and (I hope) according to my idea ... to open our CDHK-Merchandise webshop.

This episode is open for your submissions at noon (CET) and will remain open until September 29th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, phoenix, later on today. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment