Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #188 Georgia's 4th, another choka


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Here is our belated fourth CD-Special by Georgia, winner of the "peace of mind" kukai. As you maybe know Georgia has re-discovered the choka (Japanese long poem) and she is, in my opinion, the queen of choka. She has written a lot of choka through the years and she also has experimented with this beautiful Japanese long poem.
For this episode I have chosen an experimental choka which rhymes ... I hope you all like this experimental choka and maybe it triggers you to experiment too with this form, or with one of the other Japanese poetry forms.

Meditation

Bastet’s Choka Experiment: Meditation – Rhyming Choka : 7-6-7-6-5 repeated 3 times…rhymes in couplets until the last line.

Meditation

reflecting, meditating
my thoughts contemplating,
watching the leaves blow around
without hearing a sound
relativity
looked at in simplicity
observing the east and west
there I began my day’s quest
thus I discovered death
with a baby’s breath!
I think babies born today
have just finished dying
from the world that they knew well
living that awful hell
we call being born
then, I saw death everywhere
for which I have no care
leaves and insects, passing days
a simple passing phase
why then should I fear

© Georgia (a.k.a. Bastet, 2013)


This CD-Special is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 26th at noon (CET).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you for pulling out this experiment Chèvrefeuille, I admit, I'd forgotten all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What an almost dark yet uplifting poem. I shall attempt a response but have missed the deadline. Too many gifts to finish sewing the last days before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete