Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #189 Georgia's 5th strolling yesterday (tanka)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am in the nightshift, so this post and the posts to come will be not published on the scheduled date and time I think, but I know that you all don't have a problem with that.

Today's CD Special is the last of December and so it's the last by our featured haiku poetess Georgia (a.k.a. Bastet) of Bastet and Sekhmet's Library. I hope you enjoyed these CD-Specials by Georgia. She is a very gifted poetess and is, as we have seen this month, writing several poetry forms e.g. the Japanese long peom "choka".

For this CD-Special I have chosen a tanka which Georgia wrote in May 2013. I especially was caught by the beauty of the photos shared in that post. And as I read and re-read this beautiful tanka "strolling yesterday" I had to share it here with you.


strolling yesterday
astonished by the pine trees.
they seemed to copy
the heavy rain laden skies
imitating it’s wet lay.

© Georgia (a.k.a. Bastet)
 
Credits: Tree in the park
A beauty ... don't you think so too? As you all (maybe) know I am not that good in composing tanka, so I have chosen to share a few haiku inspired on this tanka.
 
a new day rises -
the weeping willow on the piazza
a birds' gathering



weeping willow
in the autumn sunlight
a golden tree


under the willow
on the city's graveyard
weeping silhouette

 © Chèvrefeuille
Credits: Weeping Willow

This was our last CD-Special of 2015. Next year we will have (of course) new episodes of CD-Special, and I hope that I can share wonderful poetry by very gifted poets/esses next year ... I wish you all a very inspirational 2016.

This CD-Special is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 1st at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, our last episode of the 2nd series of Haiku Writing Techniques, later on. For now ... have fun!
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your wonderful choices rom my work this month ... I've felt very honoured indeed. Happy New Year dearest friend and sensei! Georgia (Bastet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tanka -- gorgeous responses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very powerful haiku Chev, and really, such a nice tanka about pines.

    ReplyDelete