Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Carpe Diem #1275 nakedness


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode in our celebration month October 2017. Today I have a nice episode for you I think. Back in the summer of 2014 we had all modern kigo extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku". All the modern kigo were for summer and we have seen several wonderful modern kigo than. (That episode you can find HERE)

One of those modern kigo was "nakedness" as is our prompt for today. Nakedness is maybe somewhat controversial here at CDHK, but let me give you my idea about "nakedness". We were all born naked, but as we grow up we learned that one cannot go naked through the streets. Nakedness is private, so if you love to be naked, than you have to that in your own home, maybe your garden, but not on the streets. In my opinion "nakedness" is part of nature, there are no living creatures, except us humans, that use clothing to cover their nakedness. So if we are part of nature, as we surely do, why not going naked?
I love being naked, but of course only in my home or my garden. Or on specific places outside as e.g. the nude beach. Why do we feel ashamed as we walk naked through our own home, not for or loved ones around us, but maybe for those who walk outside your window, they maybe see your nakedness.

Let us take a small peek into nature itself ... than nakedness is very common and very specific in the "world" of naked snails. I like those small creatures and I once created a haiga about it.

Haiga Snail (2014)
 Nakedness ... common in nature, but in the life of humans not that common ... well it has to be so I think.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 18th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, tranquil, later on. For now .... have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it's a true story. My oldest daughter's youngest son saw it. It was one of the first naked snails he saw.

      Delete