Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Carpe Diem #1281 Suzuran (Lilly of the Valley)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Five years of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai a milestone and that I have you all to thank for. Without you CDHK had been long gone I think, but ... we are still here and I enjoy it so much. It gives me energy. We are on a trip along memory lane and today I have a wonderful classical kigo for summer for you. Back in July 2015 we had a whole month of classical kigo for summer and one of the classical kigo, suzuran (Lilly of the Valley), is again here for your inspiration.


I remember that in that episode (July 24th, 2015) I shared a few haiku by Issa with you. And I added a link to my personal website were I had published a tanka. The first tanka I ever wrote. I love to share that tanka here again:

Lilies of the valley
their sweet perfume makes me drowsy
hot summer night
between silken sheets her warmth
honeysuckle coolness

© Chèvrefeuille

I love to challenge you to create a tanka inspired on Suzuran (Lilly of the Valley), of course you can use my tanka for your inspiration also.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 24th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, sacred stones, later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment