Monday, October 23, 2017

Carpe Diem #1287 Ireland


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First my apologies for being late with publishing. I had a very busy day at work ... so I first had to recover from that before I could start creating this new episode of our luster month October 2017.
As you all know Basho was a traveling haiku poet and we have wandered along the paths he went, but we also wandered through Europe. Back in the summer of 2016 I had our first Ginko, or "haiku-walk". We visited several European countries to find inspiration in the beauty of those countries. Today's "memory lane" trip is back to that ginko. We visited Ireland (June 19th, 2016) and it was a joy to find haiku poets in that wonderful country.

Ireland
high above the waters
a bird's nest destroyed -
a rough sea

© Chèvrefeuille

Ireland is a very spiritual and mystical country. I think you all know Stonehenge ... in Ireland you can find similar stone circles ... one of them, Drombeg Stone Circle, County Cork, is such a stone circle. As excavations prove it was certainly used for religious ideas. It is proven that the stones are aligned on the Winter Solstice.

Dromberg Stone Circle
greener than green
everywhere I look, as far as I can see,
greener than green

© Chèvrefeuille

I couldn't come up with a new haiku, so I reproduced a few haiku from the original post back in June 2016.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 30th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, abalone shells, later on. Have fun! 

PS. I have created a CDHK Forum, you can find the link at the right of our Kai.


No comments:

Post a Comment