Sunday, July 7, 2019

Carpe Diem #1697 Renga With Jane Reichhold ... placing the flute


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Kai. This month it's all about "Summer Love" in the broadest sense of the word. So I hope this month will trigger you to create wonderful "summer love" poems.

The weekend is almost over and I hope you all have had a great weekend full of inspiration. I had a busy weekend, because I had to work at the nursing home for the elderly people were I am working since the start of this year after the bankrupcy of the hospital were I was working. It's still a strange feeling that a hospital can go in bankrupcy, but well I have still the work that I love ... being an oncology-nurse. At this new workplace I have the responsibility for the care for our oncology patients and I am responsible for the implementation of the oncology care. A wonderful challenge I can say, but it takes a lot of my time, but ... it gives me a lot satisfaction.




For this new regular episode I have chosen to challenge you to create a "Renga with Jane Reichhold". I have extracted six haiku from her "A Dictionary of Haiku", Summer section, to work with. I hope you all will enjoy this challenge and (of course) I hope your Renga With Jane will be a tribute for her to honor her. She is still missed dearly ...

Here are the six haiku I have chosen:

wind perfumed
from a woman's shoulder
desert night

dancing on the beach
I jab a stick into the sky
to break up the blue

days so complete
words become the calls of birds
the high tide wind


placing the flute

placing the flute
against her lips something
slips into place

I'm not old
all night my eyes have held
the ancient stars

moon white water
lovers in the secret cove
Saturday night


Six beautiful haiku to work with. You can chose your own "line-up", add your two lined stanza (approx. 7-7 syllables) and try to make the "chain complete". The first (hokku) and the last (ageku) haiku have to have a slight connection.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until July 14th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode, full of summer love, later on. For now ... have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment