Sunday, January 18, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Glass #18, High Tea


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you could have read in the last CD-Extra I will publish our time challenging Time Glass feature from now on on Sundays, so today is the first "sunday"-episode of our Time Glass feature and I have chosen a prompt and image that fit to the sunday ... at least to me.
Today I have chosen for the prompt HIGH TEA and it's based on childhood-memories. When I was a kid the Sunday was church-going day and in the afternoon we had the obligation to visit my grandparents ... my grandmother always served a High Tea ... and it was always great to visit them, but sometimes I wouldn't, but ... well I had to of course.

Credits: High Tea
I will explain the goal of this Time Glass to you. You have to write an all new haiku (classical or non-classical) inspired on the prompt and the image and submit it within 24 hours. Why such a short time? Well haiku are moments caught in three lines as short as the sound of a pebble thrown into water.

This episode of our time challenging feature Time Glass is NOW OPEN and will remain open until Monday January 19th at 7.00 PM (CET). You have just 24 hours to respond ... good luck and have fun!


2 comments:

  1. A bit late... saw it just now.. here's my Haiku:

    https://embarkwithmythoughts.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/haiku-tea-and-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit late, just saw this. My frame of reference is more the Japanese tea ceremony rather than the European/English high tea. Americans and Southerns typically do not have high tea or time out for tea. We are coffee break folks and that generally does not entail an almost full meal before the evening meal. Here is my haiku in the frame of reference:

    Jasmine flower floats
    In sky of green tea – high tea
    In a plain white cup

    ReplyDelete