Friday, January 16, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Machine #2 "Crocus"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Not a classical kigo for New Year today, because it's time for a new episode of our "Time traveling" feature Carpe Diem Time Machine in which we "play again" with prompts from our rich Carpe Diem Haiku Kai history. I realize that I am a bit early, but ... well I am a busy man as you all know.
For this new episode of "Time Machine" I have chosen a prompt from January 2013 Crocus that wonderful little flower which brings spring into our lives again.
I remember that back in January 2013 we had a very large package of snow during January, but it brought me also some concerns, because until January 2013 our Winter had been soft, to soft and warm, and there were already flowers and trees starting to bloom ... and so were the crocuses in my garden. And than that cold snow fell and covered them up. I was concerned if they would make it, but they did ... what a joy and a relief that was.

Crocus
As I recall that time I had just started with CDHK (than titled only "Carpe Diem") and it was a very exciting time. Would I survive with CDHK? Well .... as you all know and can see and read every day .... CDHK is still alive and kicking. We have become a wonderful "community" (or family) of haiku-poets and CDHK has evolved (and is still evolving) ... maybe the only thing missed is a few new names, new family-members, so if you have haiku-poets in your surroundings please point them to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, the place to be if you like to write haiku (and tanka) and share them with the world.

Ok ... that was the "commercial break" ... back to our Time Machine episode of today, Crocus. This prompt to "play with again" will inspire you for sure and here are my haiku which I published in that episode back in January 2013:

fragile crocus
blooming in the ice wind
how strong will it be?

snow falls gently
covers fragile crocuses
purple disappears

early Spring feeling
a snowman melts in the sun
reveals crocuses

© Chèvrefeuille

How strong will they be those little crocuses?

snow has gone
colorful crocuses blooming
longing for Spring

© Chèvrefeuille

These haiku are really making me longing for spring ... it will take some time before it will be spring again, but as I look through the window right now ... than I already get a feeling of spring, because the sky is blue with some clouds and the sun is shining bright ... so it feels already like spring.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until January 19th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode, Burning Ornaments (Sagichoo), later on.
!! PS. I am a little behind with commenting, but I will try to catch up a.s.a.p. !!


2 comments:

  1. These are like the crocus itself: delicate yet strong, full of hope. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crocus. one of my favorite prompts.

    ReplyDelete