Friday, January 2, 2015

Carpe Diem's Time Machine #1, Orange


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to introduce an all new feature here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. I have called it "Carpe Diem's Time Machine" and it's all about "playing again" prompts from our rich Carpe Diem Haiku Kai history. This new feature will become a bi-weekly feature on Saturdays. And, as the name already says, we will "re-play" prompts from our past starting today with Orange, one of the colors of the rainbow. At the start of Carpe Diem (October 2012) we had a "rainbow-week" in November.
In my country (The Netherlands) we have our Royal Family of Orange, orange is a strong color in my country, but orange can also stand for a citrusfruit. Orange flowers and more orange to see around us ... what do you think of a beautiful sunset or sunrise ... well we shall see what I can do with this theme orange ... have to write at least one haiku.


orange chrysanthemums
in full bloom standing proudly
waving in the wind

(c) Chèvrefeuille

I have to admit that I never have had seen a orange house, but as I was surfing the WWW I ran in to a wonderful picture of a orange house somewhere in Bogota. And I had to write a haiku along going with it.



all day sunrise
what a joy to live in
my orange house

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Orange ... really my color. Here is another haiku which I wrote last year after the World Championship Soccer in Brasil, as you maybe remember our National Soccer team "the Orange Lions" lost there dream at that championship. I wrote this haiku than:

almost full moon
colors orange behind thin clouds -
scattered dreams

© Chèvrefeuille


Well ... I have to take the "Time Machine" back to 2015, because I love to share an all new haiku on "orange":



ah! that sweet perfume
oranges and lemons -
a cool summer night

(c) Chèvrefeuille


Awesome ... it's really a joy to look back in our rich history and "play-again" with used prompts. I hope you all like this new feature. This first Time Machine episode I publish earlier ... so today instead of tomorrow ...
this episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 17th at noon (CET). I will post our next "Time Machine" episode on that same date. For now .... have fun!


9 comments:

  1. Not sure which of your orange haiku I like best. Love the orange house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my haiku not as elegant as yours, Kristjaan
    more like senryu, and not even that as nothing dark or sarky enough popped in my head. But we have two weeks to build on it. Ongoing Orange, the latest fruit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures and haikus! I almost start to like the color orange ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I'm especially fond of your new haiku Chevrefeuille -- :)

    BTW, Birgitta's link isn't working -- found her here: http://foto.rudenius.se/2015/01/ancient-orange-astronomical-clock/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose well, Chevrefeuille! I like this feauture very much. Your endless creativity amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am having trouble posting on several members' webs.....The poems just seem to be getting better and better, despite some tough prompts. Your examples are very helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I combined two prompts and went with humor...
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your wonderful hosting of Carpe Diem

    ¸☆´.•´
    .•´✶`*.
    *.*★v . ✶•´ ☆´,•*´¨★ Ձ๏15
    ¸✶.•´¸.•*´✶
    ☆´¸.•★´ ¸.✶* ☆★
    ╱◥◣
    │∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
    ╱◥◣ ◥████◣▓∩▓│∩
    │╱◥█◣║∩∩∩ ║◥█▓ ▓█
    ๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩
    ۩๑ ӇƛƤƤƳ ƝЄƜ ƳЄƛƦ!﹗๑۩

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your characterisation of the orange house (which looks as if it might have been decorated by Jen's beloved Vincent) as an 'all day sunrise' - such a happy phrase! Although if you came home hungover in the early morning... all that orange.. ouch.

    ReplyDelete