Monday, September 30, 2019

Carpe Diem #1755 Sheperd's Purse (1st anniversary prompt)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Happy anniversary to you all ... today the celebration of Carpe Diem's 7th anniversary ... starts. What a joy to bring this first episode of our 7th anniversary ... I started CDHK in October 2012, just for fun and to give it a try to give an all day prompt to create haiku with. It turned out to be a big success ... so I decided to go on with CDHK. Ofcourse there were several changes during the seven years of our existence. The most recent change was my choice to give you the CDHK weekend meditation. This weekend meditation feature gives me, your host, a moment to relax. I even have chosen to take a week off, but I couldn't help it ... I missed creating CDHK in those free weeks, so I decided to quit that free week.

It's really a joy to create CDHK and I am so glad that you all are participating in this wonderful community of haiku loving poets ... we have become a warmhearted family and I thank you all for that. Without you all I can not create CDHK. So ... this anniversary is not only the celebration of our 7th birthday, but also the celebration of friendship and love.

I hope you all will celebrate this month with me ...




As I told you in an earlier post this month no special guests to celebrate with us, but all small creatures like flies, bugs, sheperd's purse, little birds and little animals. Just to celebrate the beauty of the smallest poetry form on Earth ... haiku.

Haiku ... once called "hokku" or "Haikai", but as you all (maybe) know, Shiki gave haiku it's name as we use it nowadays. As you all know I see Matsuo Basho as my sensei (my master) and therefore I have chosen to start this celebration-month with a nice haiku by him. This haiku you know all ...

yoku mireba nazuna hana saku kakine kana

looking closely:
a shepherd’s purse blossoming
beneath the hedge

© Matsuo Basho (Tr. Barnhill)


Sheperd's Purse

And this is the haiku I once created inspired on this real beauty by Basho:

shepherd’s purse
trembles in the summer breeze –
bees seek for honey

© Chèvrefeuille

A nice one I think (how immodest) and in it you can find (unconditional) love too I think. We have to love nature even a little herb like Shepherd’s purse. It is worth to look at it and appreciate it. It’s part of nature.

And of course in a way “bees seek for honey” is very clear about (unconditional) love.

Well .... this was the "kick-off" of our 7th anniversary ... let's go celebrate!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 7th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... have fun!

PS. Tomorrow Wednesday October 2nd there will be no episode, I am still having vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment