Saturday, May 9, 2020

Cape Diem's Time Challenge 2 Super Moon


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Well ... I had promised you a more frequent episode of this new feature, but I couldn't find the time. One of my co-workers has had a heart attack, so I had to take over several of her shifts and that took a lot of my time. So my excuses for not following my promise. I will try to publish our new Time Challenge feature every Saturday, so once a week.

Let me tell you our goal for this feature: The goal is to create a haiku, tanka or other Japanese poem inspired on a given theme. You have limited time to respond, only 48 hours! So a "real" time challenge.

On May 7th we had a Super Flower Full Moon, so that's our theme for this new Time Challenge.

Super Flower Full Moon (May 7th, 2020)
Your goal is to create a haiku, tanka or other Japanese poem themed Super Moon or Super Flower Full Moon within 48 hours.

I found one in my archives:

missing it again
only heavy clouds and a faint red
no super blood moon

© Chèvrefeuille

You can submit your haiku, tanka or other Japanese poem until May 11th 11:55 PM (CEST), so you have only 48 hours to respond.

You can click on our logo at the end of this episode, it will bring you to the Linking Widget.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to see Carpe Diem back, Kristjaan! I hope you and your family are safe and well. Thankyou for posting a new prompt, I know how busy you are, and your job is physically and emotionally draining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finding these so challenged myself with the 48 hours. Thanks for trying to post during these busy and trying times. Will check back next Saturday. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My master, I am now recovering from hiatal hernia surgery. Sorry I have not been here to support you through the last year. I was having several challenges. You have faced much more difficult with your mother and now this horrible pandemic. Prayers that you will continue to be safe and not be infected by the virus. The stress on your profession is beyond anything I can even imagine. Know there are folks that love and miss your presence here. Janice

    ReplyDelete