- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Sunday, September 1, 2013
Carpe Diem #287, Shinryoo (new coolness)
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
What a wonderful start we have made with this new Carpe Diem month full of the classical Japanese kigo. I have read wonderful haiku on our first 'kigo' and I have read haiku written by a few new contributors which are really nice. I hope that Carpe Diem will grow further and that we can share our love for haiku around the world wide web.
Today our prompt is Shinryoo (new coolness) which refers to the decreasing of the temperature from the heat of summer to the coolness of autumn. For sure not an easy task to write a haiku with 'new coolness' as kigo, but here I go ...
the air is becoming cooler
under the willow
hiding for the heat of summer
the new coolness
new coolness -
children playing with golden leaves
in the autumn sun
Not a very strong series on Shinryoo, but in these I sense autumn ... I hope you liked it ... Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with our community (and the world) here at Carpe Diem.
This prompt will stay on 'till September 3rd 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our first Special for September, a haiku by our featured haiku-poet Mabson O. Southard, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). I hope that I will be on time, because I am in the nightshift so don't be sad if our new episode is not on time.
!! Shinryoo (new coolness) is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!