Sunday, September 15, 2013

Carpe Diem #298, Kuri (Chestnuts)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This afternoon I was walking through the parc in my neigborhood and I saw the first chestnuts laying beneath the Chestnut tree. Immediately thoughts of my childhood came in mind. I saw the nice little puppets and animals which I made with chestnuts. Really a nice memory. Nowadays I do the same thing with my grandchildren. We go to the parc to seek chestnuts and later on we go make those little puppets and animals again.

Credits: Chestnut figures (Dutch website)

seeking chestnuts
in the neighborhood parc -
children's laughter

children's laughter
searching for chestnuts and colored leaves
plastic bag torns apart

at the kitchen-table
chestnuts and leaves come to life
in the hands of children

in the hands of children
little figures, puppets and animals, come to life
chestnut-figures

I love this series a lot, brings sweet memories to me and as I look at the kitchentable ... my grandkids having fun with making all kind of figures with their found chestnuts and leaves. Awesome isn't it?

This prompt will stay on 'till September 17th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode of Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme, Kakashi (Scarecrow), later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). !! Kuri (chestnut) is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!



7 comments:

  1. Oh! That is so sweet. It must be fun. Loved your series. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There' s so much fun, lightness and positivity in your haiku, Kristjaan - definitely did bring back nostalgic and wonderful memories also from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that play.... never did that with chestnuts... rather pinecones actually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this prompt and jogging my memory. I did have fond memories when I was about five or six years old living near a ton of chestnut trees. Fun playtime. Sorry for lack of participation in all prompts. Health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your haiku and the little nut figures impressed me. I don't think I have ever seen chestnut figures. The poem(s) and figures even made me think fondly about my six kids, six grandkids, and one great-grandkid.... good job.... opie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your haiku today are very joyful and thanks for the explanation. Even though I grew up with the chestnuts I've never seen figures made of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful haiku and memory and picture. Happy.

    ReplyDelete