Friday, September 6, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #13, "just a kiss" by Wabi


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge, with an all new logo, is on. This week I have chosen for a haiku written by one of the contributors of Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme. It's a haiku by Wabi Sabi written in respons to  "The Conversation" (one of our prompts last month). I am honored and proud that Wabi Sabi gave me permission to use this haiku.

at sunrise -
no words between lovers
just a kiss

(c) Wabi Sabi (8/24 2013)

I like this haiku very much and I hope you all like it and that it inspires you all to write the second stanza (7-7) of the Tan Renga. The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to complete the Tan Renga of which I will give the first stanza (5-7-5). Copy and paste the first stanza to your post and make the Tan Renga complete.

First stanza (5-7-5):

at sunrise -
no words between lovers
just a kiss                                                  (Wabi Sabi)

Second stanza (7-7):

????????????????
????????????????

Credits: Sunrise

My attempt to complete this Tan Renga you can find at my base weblog: Chèvrefeuille's haiku-blog Have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with us all here at Carpe Diem, the place to be if you like Japanese poetry.
This Tan Renga Challenge is now open for submissions and will stay on 'till September 13th 11.59 AM (CET). I will publish our new Tan Renga Challenge later that day.



4 comments:

  1. How nice to wake up to this post today! I am honored that you are using my poem for this prompt and must now get to work writing my own tan renga! As you know, Kris, this poem is part of a larger work (haiga/haibun) which is here:http://wabisabipoet.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/many-conversations-a-haibun/ Perhaps you could use the direct link to that post. I am looking forward to seeing how my poem is expanded and changed by other poets! Very exciting! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you gave permission to use your haiku I am honored. I hope that our contributors will write wonderful completions to honor you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful haiku to complete... and as usual this weekend very late.... to many nice visits and parties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece chosen, Kris ... bravo WabiSabi!!

    ReplyDelete