Thursday, September 12, 2013

Carpe Diem #296, Susuki (Pampasgrass)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Do you know what Pampasgrass is? It's long, tall and strong grass with gorgeous plumes who wave in the wind and making a soft rustle. As you look at a field of Pampasgrass in the wind it looks like waves on the sea. It's a gorgeous sight and very hypnotizing to look at.
Once I sat down and looked over such a field. The warm summer breeze at the end of summer was playing with the Pampasgrass and through the sunlight that came through the plumes it looked really like a ocean with strong waves, white-headed waves. It was hypnotizing and my mind drift away into a daydream which was so lovely and peaceful ... As I awake from my daydream I felt so in touch with myself and Earth ... I wished that it could last forever.

Pampasgrass (Susuki)

As I was preparing this episode a nice haiku written by Basho as he was on his journey to the Deep North came in mind.


grass of summer
is all what remains of the dreams
of the Samourai


It's written at a region were once a big battle took place.

My attempt to write a haiku inspired on Susuki (Pampasgrass):

swaying in the breeze
like waves in the ocean
pampasgrass plums

Not a strong one, but I like it. This prompt will stay on 'till September 14th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Kiku (Chrysanthemums), later on today. !! This episode of Carpe Diem is now open for your submissions !!  Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem.

PS: I am a bit behind with commenting, but I will catch up soon.



7 comments:

  1. I think it's fun that we both have them swaying in the breeze even though we wrote our haiku separately. They are lovely plants, and they do seem to sway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a hard prompt... but I got a little help from finding an image that I liked... wonderful trip through the kigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basho's haiku is glorious! I was just staring at pampas grass yesterday. Don't remember why. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a delight to come back to the internet world of haiku friends after my absence while moving, being at home with a cold and no internet, and have so many delightful new posts and haiku to read

    thank you Kristjaan! And fellow haijin

    ReplyDelete