Sunday, September 1, 2013

Carpe Diem's Imagination #6, Pablo Picasso's "The Seated Man".



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It’s a little while ago that I published an episode of Carpe Diem’s Imagination, because of lack of time, but I have taken the decision to publish Imagination once in a month starting today with (in my opinion) an extraordinary painting by Pablo Picasso it’s titled “the seated man” and I used it in one of the novels I have written. It had a important place in that novel and now I love to use it for Carpe Diem.s Imagination.

The goal of Imagination is to use the photo, picture or (as today occurs) a painting for you inspiration. Say it’s a kind of painting with words ... so have fun, be inspired and share your Imagination-haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem.


Pablo Picasso's "The Seated Man"

The Seated Man is a late painting by Picasso and as I can recall from my lessons of Art-history when he painted this he was ill and sat in a wheelchair.

I waoder if you, my dear haijin, visitors and travelers, can write a new haiku inspired on this painting. So it's a challenge.

My attempt:

in the backyard
in the shadow of the willow tree
a seated man

a seated man
in deep devotion to Mother Nature
in the backyard

Not a strong one I guess, but I love it anyway.

This episode of Imagination is open for your submissions until September 30th 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with our haiku-community.



5 comments:

  1. Love the picture and the story behind it... I can see the man in your haiku... I placed him in the sunshine instead though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for what I see in the art. It's common for me to see yuck in abstract, especially Picasso. Maybe one day my past will stop being part of my haiku. I love when beauty comes out though. Feel a bit more balanced lately with subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art always lends inspiration - thanks Kristjaan for another creative jolt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was good to read about the Seated Man and create a picture with words. thanks again.
    your haiku offering - inspirational. one should go out more and commune with nature. nice.

    ReplyDelete