Friday, January 22, 2016

Carpe Diem #901 fields


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure to bring to you an all new episode of our Haiku Kai. As you know we are exploring classical and modern kigo for winter and today I have a nice modern kigo extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku", fields.

By the way this a "time challenge" episode "Throw That Pebble", so you have only 24 hours to respond on this prompt.

Here are a few examples about this modern kigo by Jane herself:

a field of snow
fenced in by fields
of snow

the winter moon
diminishing into snowflakes
open fields

dark fences
encircling the snowy field
eyelashes blink

stitching together
now-covered fields
blackbird wings

© Jane Reichhold

Credits: Winter Field(s)

And of course an all new haiku written by myself. This one circled through my mind whole night long but I hadn't the courage to write it down. I just had to memorize it again and again, but finally I came up with this version (say a rough diamond which needs some polishing):

virgin field
disgracing it would be a sin
the first bare step


© Chèvrefeuille

I like this version, but I am not sure if it fits the prompt or that it shows the prompt as I hoped.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until January 23rd 7.00 PM (CET). So you have only 24 hours to respond. I will (try to) publish our new episode, Kangetsu (cold moon), later on. Have fun! 
And remember you have only 24 hours to respond!!


2 comments:

  1. Really fine haiku there, Chev, very good indeed, think it matches.... by the way, there are a couple of blogs here where leaving a comment, or a ''Like'' is impossible. I suggest that those using a 'captcha' might switch it off, as on one blog I tried and tried. Great haiku but getting past the maze to be approved to comment was not possible. On the other blog trying to press the moving and elusive 'Like' was not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your haiku is great. Thank you for writing it down and sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete