Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #194 A Trip Along Memory Lane -- with a twist


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the last CD-Special of January. This month our CD-Specials were all about special features which I have created during the liftime of CDHK. I started with one of my favorites, Carpe Diem Imagination, in which the goal was to write a haiku inspired on a photo, image or something else. And to close our Trip Along Memory Lane I have another special feature for you all, but this one I have never published earlier here at CDHK.

Let me tell you which special feature I am talking about. This feature I created shortly after our first month of inspirational music, but I never dared to publish it, because of its likeness with Imagination.

This special feature I had titled "Carpe Diem Awakens your Muse" and the goal was to share a video for your inspiration. These videos would be all about nature and so ... after thinking and re-thinking this I decided to bring this special feature in our last CD Special of January.

Credits: Sparrow on Lotus (logo CD Awakens Your Muse)

The goal of this CD-Special is to watch a video, look at the images, listen to the music and become one with the scene(s) in the video and awaken your muse and write/compose an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.


Watch the video ... experience the beauty of the Japanese Spring and enjoy the music by Karunesh, one of my favorite musicians. Through this video I can only hope that your muse will awaken and that she will inspire you to write an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.

fragile beauty
the shining wind
* from the east
plays with cherry blossom


from far away
the sound of a temple bell
welcomes spring


cherry blossoms bloom
bare branches in designer cloths
children's laughter


© Chèvrefeuille

* "the shining wind" (a classical kigo) refers to the sparkling of spring sunshine and a gentle wind on a sunny spring day.

My muse was awake for sure ... but ... well you all know that cherry blossoms are my favorite theme for haiku. I hope you all did like this CD-Special and that you will forgive me that I never used this special feature in our CDHK lifetime.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 30th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, drinking tea, later on.

!! By the way I have published our new prompt-list for February which has been created by Hamish Managua Gunn. (You can find the new prompt-list above in the menu or HERE) !!

!! Note to Hamish: I have changed the consecution of your list a little bit. I hope you don't mind !!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kristjaan,
    I rarely open videos. I am so glad I opened this one. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this musician but I'm glad I have. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete