Thursday, January 7, 2016

Carpe Diem Throw that pebble #1 dawn


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Maybe you can remember our "Time Glass" feature in which I gave you 24 hours (or sometimes less) to respond. I love to bring that feature back, but with another "name" and as a part of our regular prompts. As you all know haiku is the response on an event as short as the sound of a pebble thrown into water. Haiku is an impression of such a short moment, an eye-blink or a heart beat.
To make you aware of that short moment I have re-created "Time Glass" but now as "Throw that pebble". "Throw that pebble" is a time challenge and I challenge you to respond on our regular prompt within 24 hours. I am aware of the fact that we all live in different time-zones, so I think you all have time to respond on this feature within 24 hours. Let's go and throw that pebble into water.

Credits: Winter Dawn (© Wayne Brittle)

As I said above I will use our regular prompts for "Throw that pebble" (and I have adapted our logo for that, as you can see). The prompt for today (as planned) is dawn. So I love to challenge you to respond within 24 hours on this episode of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Say .... this regular episode is an episode "with a twist". You have to respond within 24 hours. Good luck!

praising
birds start to sing
at dawn

© Chèvrefeuille

By the way "dawn" is extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku" and is a modern kigo for winter, based on the online version of this "dictionary".

This episode with a twist is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until January 8th 7.00 PM (CET). Have fun! And remember ... you have only 24 hours to respond. I will (try to) publish our next episode, Fuyusoubi (winter rose), later on.

5 comments:

  1. Good one Chev ps, check this out, Odou in Japanese cinema, very interesting, especiially about nature https://youtu.be/doaQC-S8de8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting prompt! I like the time challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to say something,
    may not fulfilling the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love/hate the time constraints but am going with the love part ;) Wonderful as usual!

    ReplyDelete