Friday, November 6, 2015

Carpe Diem #851 Messenger of the Gods (wind)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

"In the way of the shaman", our leading theme this month will get its most delicate day today, because of the prompt Messenger of the Gods (wind). I always have known that there must be something with the wind and several years ago, as I wrote my first novel, I realized that the wind is for sure the Messenger of the Gods, but the wind has more "powers" and those I will try to explain in this post.

Maybe you know the prayer-flags in Tibet, they all have a color with a deeper meaning, and they are used to send the prayers on the shoulder of the wind into the world. After a while the prayer flags will perish and than its time for new prayer flags. The colors of the flags have the following meaning:

blue for heaven/sky
white for the wind
red for fire
green for water
yellow for earth

The flags are printed with mantras, prayers for peace, good will and wisdom. The idea behind these flags is that with every move they make (through the wind) a little bit of the strenght, the power of the prayer, is becoming free. If the wind moves them, than the air is cleansed and the intention of the prayer is spread into the world. Isn't that an awesome idea?

Prayer Flags (Tibet Himalayans)
I don't know if in the region of the Altai Mountains this also is a custom, but what I can tell you is this. The people living in this region are living with nature and they "can read nature". They see the Eagle, the King of the Sky, as a messenger of the gods.

I can imagine how it must feel to walk over the steppes, or through the mountains, and feel the wind carress your skin, whispering its secrets into your ear ... I think we all should be more aware of what the wind (Spirit) can tell us.

in the old church
the scent of incense
I hear the prayers

the sound of church bells
moves toward my home
through the Spring haze

© Chèvrefeuille

Or this one in which the wind is present in a hidden secretive way:

evening walk
the sound of a wind chime
deep silence
© Chèvrefeuille

And to conclude this episode I have another haiku for you in which the wind is playing a role:
one single leaf
dances on the shoulder of the wind -
prima ballerina


© Chèvrefeuille
 
 
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 9th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, healing, later on.

3 comments:

  1. A collection of amazing haiku there, Chevrefeuille. Surely an ebook called Shaman Haiku is worth it...wit many of your backgrounds you have written adapted for the book, as they are very muh part of the haiku (haibun).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your haiku especially that last one...the image is so whimsical and light.

    ReplyDelete