Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #180 Ese's first haiku this month as featured haiku poetess "red dragonfly"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am proud to bring you the first CD Special of November 2015. This month our featured haiku poetess is Ese of Ese's Voice. Ese was our kukai winner of the "juxtaposition" kukai, earlier this year. Next to being our featured haiku poetess for a month, she also won the opportunity to create an E-book. Ese emailed me lately to ask of we could make her E-book next year, because of circumstances. Of course I agreed ... so her E-book will be published next year.

Maybe you can remember the haiku which brought her the winning one in our "juxtaposition"-kukai. I love to publish it here one more time:

tepid and bittersweet
in the last sip of coffee
departing summer


© Ese

A nice haiku I think in which we can find the "juxtaposition" easily. Here is her haiku to inspire you to write an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry, trying to catch her spirit, her sense and tone in it.


how calm she looks
with beads of dew frost on her wings
-red dragonfly

© Ese of Ese's Voice

Ese gave me the freedom to choose from her haiku and I hope that she, and of course you all, will like my choice.

Credits: sips nectar

deep silence
a bumblebee dances through the backyard
sips nectar

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 7th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, messenger of the gods (wind), later on. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment