Saturday, November 7, 2015

Carpe Diem #853 Mother Earth/Mother Nature



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our prompt for today is Mother Earth/Mother Nature and as you have read in several posts, even the for last episode of Carpe Diem, nature is part of haiku and so in all of our haiku we are praising Mother Earth/Mother Nature and that makes me happy. I am a guy who tries to live with nature following the seasons and my heart ...

This episode is a little bit different I think, because normally I don't use special features in our regular posts, but today I love to challenge you to write a haiku (tanka or other Japanese poetry form) inspired on a few beautiful images. So it's a kind of Carpe Diem Imagination episode "carved" into a regular post.

autumn, throwing pebbles into the water


Credits: Autumn in The Altai Mountains
Two beautiful images I would say ... and I hope these will inspire you to write/compose an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.

her miracles
make me a little child again
colorful leaves

colorful leaves
in praise of Mother Earth
I gather them

© Chèvrefeuille

Hm ... not as strong as I had hoped, but ... well I just had to praise Mother nature in a haiku, because haiku is her poetry ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 10th at noon (CET). I will publish our new episode, Happiness, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your miracles with us all here at our Haiku Kai.


3 comments:

  1. Now my grandchild also is writing haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a joy to hear that your grandchild is writing haiku too. That really makes me happy. I believe that haiku can help children to say/write what they are feeling. And through haiku they learn to look in a different way to nature.

      Delete