- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge Month (Second Edition), May 2017 #1 on a gust of wind
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
Welcome at the first episode of our new Carpe Diem Haiku Kai month. As I did last year in May I have another nice month of Tan Renga Challenges. The goal is to create the second stanza through association on the first stanza.
Tan Renga is a short chained renga created by two poets. To "learn" more about Tan Renga you can find a page about it in the menu. Or you can download the exclusive CDHK E-book "Chained Together" which I created last year after our Tan Renga Challenge Month. You can find "Chained Together" in our CDHK Library.
For this first episode I have chosen a haiku crafted by myself and your task is to create the second (two-lined stanza, following approximately 7-7 syllables).
on a gust of wind
the cherry blossoms dance through the streets
in praise of the Creator
Well ... now it is up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers to create your second stanza. Have fun!
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 5th at noon (CET).