Monday, December 17, 2018

Carpe Diem Seven Days Before Christmas 2018 (1) wishes for the holidays


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at our traditional countdown to Christmas feature 2018. As you all know I started this tradition several years ago. We are counting down to Christmas and in my opinion Christmas Eve (December 24th) is the beginning of Christmas, so that's why I start this countdown on December 17th at 7:00 PM (CET).

I love this time of year ... the holidays ... and I think that a lot of you have already decorarted their Christmastree. I have it already decorated a week ago and I had immediately a feeling of Christmas notwithstanding the difficult time I was in with the bankruptcy of the hospital were I was working.

This year 2018 was again a wonderful year here at CDHK and I hope you all had that same experience. We have had wonderful themes and there were several new features e.g. "the quest for a new masterpiece", "Renga with Basho ..." and "Crossroads". All wonderful new features, but the main role was always haiku or other kinds of Japanese poetry.
As I look back than I am glad and proud to be your host. I think CDHK has become a more loving family of haiku poets and I thiank you for that.


Well ... it was a wonderful year and I am looking forward to our upcoming year 2019. I hope you all will stay part of this wonderful loving family of haiku poets and will stay participating in the daily memes.

This time of year we all send eachother wishes for the holidays and the new year and that's our theme for today ... wishes for the holidays ... You are free to give form to this theme through e.g. haiku, tanka or haiga. Give your wishes for the holidays a nice place here ...

Here is my inspired haiku on this theme:

dispelling the darkness
after the long cold winter
welcoming the light

© Chèvrefeuille

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a wonderful creative 2019.

This episode of our traditional feature "seven days before christmas" is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 24th at noon (CET). I hope to publish our new "seven days before Christmas"-episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment