Sunday, December 23, 2018

Carpe Diem Seven Days Before Christmas 2018 (6) Christmas Dinner


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are counting down to Christmas and today we have arrived at day six. In my memory, day six was always the day on which my mom started with her preparations for our festive Christmas dinner. Her Christmas dinners were always excellent. Sweet memories I cherish. As I grew older and started a life for myself I loved to prepare Christmas dinner. I did that several years and every year I had a kind of theme. For example back in 1989 I choose a light blue theme and I cooked dinner for my whole family. It's one of my favorite Christmases ... It was the first Christmas with my beloved wife. Several of my family members that attended than are no longer living. My brother was there, my favorite uncle and a few more.

Christmas Dinner

Christmas ... a real family celebration. We (my wife and I) have a tradition ... every Christmas (since we have become grandparents) our whole family comes to our home to celebrate Christmas with a festive brunch ... I love those brunches a lot ... I love to have all my kids and grandkids around me and it's a growing group ... this year we will have our "family-brunch" on December 26th with a total of 16 people ... awesome ...

at dinnertime
drinking eggnog, eating turkey
and Christmas pudding

make it happen
enjoy the Holidays
Merry Christmas

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 30th at noon (CET).


No comments:

Post a Comment