Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Carpe Diem #346, Land of the Free



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Yesterday I shared the first part of a musical short story composed by Adrian von Ziegler and today I love to share part two of this musical short story with you all. With this episode I also share the follow up of the haiku-suite I started in our yesterdays episode ... I can see the question-marks on your faces ... let me explain myself.
I thought to write a haiku-suite inspired on the four pieces of music which started yesterday. I have written yesterday haiku and today I share the haiku which I wrote inspired on this part two of this musical short story. And the next two days more haiku will follow. I hope you understand the meaning ... you know English isn't my maiden language so I sometimes can't find the correct words to explain myself so I hope you understand what a meant above.

Here is our music-video for today:



And here is my follow up haiku for this "haiku-suite" inspired on this wonderful, magical and mysterious Celtic music. First I will share the haiku of our yesterday's episode and that one followed by the new one for today.

ancient master
plays the Shaman drums tonight -
flames licking the sky


burning hearts
finally the land is free again
and it will bloom

This set is just the start of the haiku-suite I will write on with our next episode and finally I will publish the complete haiku-suite in the last part of this musical adventure later on this week. This episode will stay on until December 13th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode in this musical adventure, For the King, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). !! This episode is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! The northern lights are really quite special, but of course cannot be guaranteed, which maybe makes them more special. They look nice over snow and water too, and of course are nicer in Finland than Norway, though those Norwegians are claiming the Finns 'stole them' from Norwegians, which is not the most clever thing I heard. The photo is not taken by me, but by an ex-wife, who did not want her name on my blog....ah...ex-wives are like that.... This is a great idea,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...my first comment was supposed to be for the Aurora Borealis post. I made a mistake. But for this post, let me honestly say that although I am not a nationalist at all your 2nd haiku of the series is THE most stirring writing I have read as a Scotsman, which I am, who very much hopes his land will be independent very soon. An amazing haiku that all Scots people would take to heart, I am sure. I consider that haiku one of the best Christmas presents received!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm far behind on my reading once again.. I love your haiku offering today is really remarkable..

    I went totally different today and offer you one of my own inventions. The combination of haibun and american sentences.. I am very curious what you will think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are missing some great prompts. Also, I just read your list of blogs you follow, and they read like a haiku sequence.... tsk tsk... catch up!.... opie

      PS: Regards Kris; you are doing good work.....

      Delete
  4. I really liked this prompt--the music was very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete