Monday, December 9, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #66, Hando's "footprints in the sand"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone by and today I love to share another wonderful haiku written by our featured haiku-poet for this month, Hando. I have read wonderful haiku inspired on our first Special by Hando written by you all, my dear friends and family-members.
The haiku for today, is the following:

footprints in the sand
to here and there and nowhere
and the gull flying

(c) Hando

Footprints in the sand

This photo did brought a poem into my mind ... a poem about the Lord carrying us, so I have sought for that poem and I found it. I love to share it with you all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life

 there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."


It's a wonderful poem I think and I loved sharing it with you all, but now back to our Special haiku by Hando ... this haiku inspired me to write the following haiku:

along the sea side
just the sound of the waves -

finally found peace

This episode will stay on until December 11th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Prophecy, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET) !! This Special episode is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!


7 comments:

  1. Very peaceful haiku and the look of the site as well. Love the wintry feel and shades of blue, white and grey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krisjaan, this is a wonderful post.. really love your haiku here... so inspirational (even if I read other things into Hando's haiku)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think of that poem when I see footprints and I have experienced the Lord carrying me more than a few times

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your interpretation and the poem you posted along with your haiku. The prompt took me in an altogether different direction, however. That's what makes this so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heres to finding peace, this was lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a journal with that poem on it and was more inspired to write based on that. Both the haiku and that writing are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lord replied,
    "The times when you have
    seen only one set of footprints,
    is when I carried you."

    I take the liberty and this is my view................

    when you see only one set of footprints
    I am walking on your imprints
    behind you
    to experience the pinch
    of your shoes.
    I am in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete