Saturday, December 21, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #68. Hando's 4th, "puddles on the pavement"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As we are on our way to Christmas and the end of 2013 I am in the nightshift, falling almost asleep because of the relaxed shift, and try to prepare our 4th Carpe Diem Special by Hando of this month. I have found another nice haiku composed by Hando and believe me it's not easy to find haiku written by him, because he has not a big oeuvre of haiku.


the puddles on the pavement
carry the moon, the stars
and cherry blossoms
(c) Hando




My attempt to write a haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one by Hando is the following:


with my hands
I scoop water from the well
and carry the moon
(c) Chèvrefeuille

Well ... now it's up to you my dear friends. This episode will stay on until December 23th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Celestial, later on today.
!! This 4th Special by Hando is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) !!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a very very nice haiku Chèvrefeuille!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your haiku is so lovely....evoking un-named emotions

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'magical' to 'carry the moon' ~ Merry Christmas to you ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haiku Kristjaan. Very much in the spirit of Hando's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yours and the original, and I wouldn't worry--this is a very busy time for so many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am late, but here!
    http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2013/12/23/silver-sliding-rain/

    ReplyDelete