Thursday, December 26, 2013

Carpe Diem #359, Wild Flower


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas ... I had a beautiful family-Christmas. All my children and grandchildren were present and enjoyed a Christmas-brunch. It was really a nice day.

Our Family-Christmas-brunch
Well ... I am a very rich man ... as you can see ... we are with 13th people and still growing. Our youngest daughter will be giving birth to her first child next March ... so we have already one big day to come ... the day when our 7th grandchild will be born.

OK ... back to our episode of today. Today I have a nice composition for your inspiration and I am looking forward to all of your wonderful haiku, senryu, tanka or kyoka. Lean back, relax and listen to the music of Adrian von Ziegler.


wild flowers
plucked by my granddaughter
on grandma's grave

on grandma's grave
a whitered bouquet of wild flowers
once plucked by her

once plucked by her
now I stand here at her grave -
grandpa's pearl died

A little bit sad trio of haiku I think, but it's how I feel as I listened to this music. By the way these haiku aren't actually about my own experience, but are written for a close friend of mine.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will be staying open until December 28th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, our last Special haiku by Hando (our featured haiku-poet), later on today. Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.


7 comments:

  1. I am glad you are having a lovely holiday and are so rich in family and loved ones. That is a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are, indeed, a 'rich man' ~ Happy New Year to you and family ~ lovely set of 'wild flower' haiku ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings! So happy to see you are surrounded by loved ones at this special time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful photograph. Here in Lappland as a hermit pictures like that seem all the more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very emotional collection of haiku also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely to read of your family christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A poignant set of haiku, Kris. Happy to join you again today.

    ReplyDelete