Friday, December 20, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #23, " into the sea "



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone by and it's time again for a new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge. For this week's Challenge I have chosen a haiku written by Jane Reichhold, our featured haiku-poetess of July this year. She is a great wonderful haiku-poetess and she is one of the most wellknown haiku-poetesses of our time.
I have chosen a nice haiku written by her:

melting into the sea
the full moon
leaves a candle bright


(c) Jane Reichhold




It's up to you to make this Tan Renga complete with a second stanza of 7-7 syllables. It looks the same as a Tanka there is one difference, Tanka is written by one poet and Tan Renga by two poets.

Here is my continuation of this Tan Renga started by Jane Reichhold.

melting into the sea
the full moon
leaves a candle bright                                  (Jane Reichhold)

soft winter breeze cherishes
the last colorful leaves                                 (Chèvrefeuille)

Now it's your turn. This episode will stay on until December 27th 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with us. !! This episode is now open for your submissions !!


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone,am back from my reunion and raring to go.Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful festive season:-)I noted that I have missed a number of great challenges but was glad to note this still has a few hours left.

    A lovely haiku Kristjaan and I liked your completion too:-)Am going to miss out on few more challenges as my cousins and their family is coming to visit and they will be here till 4th Jan-I will however try to drop in and enter a challenge if I can:-)Off to post my completion now-have a wonderful weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete