Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Carpe Diem #558, dragonflies


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are exploring Jane Reichhold's modern saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku" this month. Jane has compiled a nice saijiki with modern kigo for all seasons, and this month we have all modern kigo for autumn. We have already had wonderful, sometimes strange, modern kigo which worked great for your inspiration.

I realise myself that I ask a lot of you with all those daily prompts and all of our special features, but ... I hope you will be glad with it or if not ... let me know. Do you think I ask to much of you? Please tell me. We are a haiku family and therefor you all are hosting Carpe Diem. Do you have ideas? Share them with me ... prompt-suggestions? Share them with us all in the 'prompt-suggestion' spot on Carpe Diem. We are Carpe Diem Haiku Family ... so feel free to tell us your wishes and ideas.

Ok ... back to our prompt 'dragonflies' for today. Dragonflies, wonderful creatures, but nit as friendly as they look. They can be very dangerous as they sting you ...

Credits: Dragonfly

Here are the examples which Jane shared on her website AHA-Poetry:

trudging up the path
where the hill is the steepest
a dragonfly


bridging worlds
the grass stalk bent
by the dragonfly
© Jane Reichhold

Well ... I hope you will be inspired by these haiku by Jane ... for now, have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all.
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 13th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, morning dew,  later on.

7 comments:

  1. Ah...yes they do!
    http://www.dragonfly-site.com/do-dragonflies-bite.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not ask too much of us. We are all free to pick and chose what to participate in or not. I enjoy the variety and appreciate it. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your innovative ideas is one of the things that is so interesting at this site. Anything that trims your wings should be ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lolly- the variety is wonderful. And you never pressure us - you're very encouraging instead. So --- lead on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lolly.

    I participate when I can, and appreciate the daily prompts and specials.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  6. To read your post and write haiku is not too much.. sometimes it's too much for me to comment on all entries.. as I write to several other prompts as well.. but I try my best.. this is a wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a perfect prompt to bring me back. Feeling rusty with haiku. Hoping I did it justice. Will participate as I can. Like Bjorn, it is difficult for me to read all the other entries but I will try. I've missed this creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete