Monday, September 22, 2014

Carpe Diem #567, Prayer Flags


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today we have a different kind of "autumn"-kigo, prayer flags, I am not aware of the reason why Jane has chosen to bring up this kigo for autumn, because prayer flags are of all times and seasons.
I remember that I have written haiku about "prayer flags" and I also wrote a haibun once (in my own language) about Tibet. I find it heartbreaking that Tibet has been overruled by China and I hope that Tibet will become a free country again ... In my opinion China has nothing to do with Tibet and for sure not with the Tibetan culture and religion. Tibetans however carrying their burden always with a smile and the hope that they once will be free again ...

Jane shares a few examples, but this one I think is the most gorgeous one:

prayer flags
ground shadows
in weird shapes


© Jane Reichhold

Credits: Prayer Flags
I like this tradition ... what a joy this must give to share your prayers by exposing flags in all colors of the rainbow. Those Tibetans are just great and so spiritual ...

Sharing your prayers with the world by using flags is really great. It's very similar with our 'tradition' to remember all and everything in our prayers ... let us keep on going with that and maybe we can share our prayers too by prayer flags.

mysterious shadows
against the rough mountains -
Om Mani Padme Hum

© Chèvrefeuille

What a wonderful haiku, if I may say that of a haiku written by myself. I am looking forward to your haiku inspired on this wonderful prompt "prayer flags".

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 25th at noon (CET). Our next post will be a new Ghost Writer post, with a great similarity with our CD Distillation feature.


1 comment:

  1. I like this... I think all the rustling leaves are prayer flags, in autumn they just have more color.
    I may write that into my haiku...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete