Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Preview


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to give you a preview for this last part of 2014. First I will give you the issues which will be given attention to in this preview:

  1. The first edition of our Carpe Diem Sea Shell Game
  2. A proposal
  3. A few new features
  4. Our second anniversary
  5. Other things worth mentioning
The first edition of our Carpe Diem Sea Shell Game


As you all know I have organized our first Sea Shell Game in which the goal is to compare haiku with each other and finally have a winner. I have already eight (8) entrees for this Sea Shell Game, but I hope to see a few more entrees. You can submit your haiku for the Sea Shell Game until October 15th. After that I will close the time for submitting and I will start to 'judge' the haiku submitted for this Sea Shell Game. You can find more about the Sea Shell Game HERE.

A proposal

Every week we have the Tan Renga Challenge and for every TR-Challenge I ask our family-members to grant permission to use their haiku. Nothing wrong with that I think, but ... I love to do a proposal to change that 'asking for permission'. As you all know I always give credits to the haiku-poet whom has written the haiku which I use for the TR-Challenge and that (of course) is very logical, because they have written their haiku and have the right to be mentioned as the one who has the copyright.

My proposal is the following:

I can use your haiku without asking permission and I will always mention the one who has written it. This will make it a lot easier for me to choose haiku for the TR-Challenge, because I don't have always time to re-visit the websites and weblogs of the ones I have asked permission to use their haiku.
I love to hear from you all if it's ok that I use your haiku without asking permission. I promise that I always will give the credits to the one who's haiku I have used.

A few new features

Recently I have introduced a few new features e.g. CD's Vision Quest and CD's Romancing the Haiku, but I have more new features to come or features to bring again to our Haiku Kai. For example I have created a few months ago a new feature at our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special weblog which I have called "Full Circle" and I have seen (and  read) wonderful responses on that feature. My intention is to bring "Full Circle" to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. If you want to know what "Full Circle" is than please visit Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special.
I am busy with creating another nice new feature and I think that also will be a wonderful feature too. I have already made a first idea for a logo for this new feature:

Logo for Carpe Diem's Ginko
I have called this new feature "Carpe Diem's Ginko" and it's the idea to undertake a 'virtual' walk with each other through nature or through the neighborhood of our family-members. A 'ginko' is a haiku walk, usually as an organized group. However, it is not necessarily a group event and can be an enjoyable experience on one’s own. Set off on a walk with a theme in mind. Make sure you have a notebook and pen, or pencil, with you to make notes or write your haiku en route. Focus on the theme and your surroundings and you may surprise yourself at how observant you become of things both small and large.
This new feature will be soon has it's first 'maiden trip'.

Our second anniversary

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, once started as "Carpe Diem, a daily haiku-meme", is closing in to it's second anniversary next October. As I am looking forward to that second anniversary than I think that will be another wonderful month of celebration. I am already busy to ask several well known haiku-poets to provide me with a Ghost Writer post and I think I will surprise you all with those GW-posts.
Of course there will be also the daily prompts and I think I will create a prompt-list with prompts we have had earlier in those two years of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, so to say "there will be reprise prompts that month. For our CD-Specials in our anniversary month I have chosen for a classical haiku-poet who isn't that well known, but who has written/composed wonderful haiku. Those haiku will be a great source for your inspiration.
This was our first logo as I started in October 2012
Of course I will publish our first results of our Sea Shell Game and the winner of that Sea Shell Game will be honored with being the haiku-poet for the CD-Specials of November 2014.
October will become really a festive month and I also will publish a few new features in our celebration month. Which new features that will be ... well you have to wait.

Other things worth mentioning

I am a proud host. It's really a joy to create Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and I am so happy to see new names appear on our Haiku Kai and I hope there will be more new names. It's a joy (and sometimes) a struggle to create all the posts, but it's all because of my passion for haiku.
Haiku is a wonderful way to expose your feelings, emotions and thoughts and it's like painting. Those three lines can bring a painting to life and that's what haiku is ... a painting with words.
Our Ghost Writer feature is one of the nicest features we have I think, but I need a few more GW-posts and I hope that there will be family-members who are willing to be a Ghost Writer for our Haiku Kai. You can email your GW-post to:

carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com or to carpediemhaikukai@outlook.com

For the Sea Shell Game you can email your entree haiku to:

carpediemseashellgame2014@gmail.com

I am looking forward to the last part of this year and I hope to see you all as we are celebrating haiku at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Warm Greetings,

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille, your host

Chèvrefeuille, your host



7 comments:

  1. Wow -- you've put so much thought and work into the upcoming months!

    As far as I'm concerned, in terms of my own work, you have blanket permission to use any of them for tan renga and you don't need to ask in advance. And consider me on-call any time you need a GW post. (Though I suspect people would much prefer some new voices!) It will be very exciting to see who you'll be featuring during October. :)

    The ginko feature will be wonderful -- It'll be a great way to learn more about other parts of the world AND about our CDHK family members themselves. Will you be doing this on an ongoing basis so we can witness the changing seasons? Very, very interesting!

    Thank you for all you do for CDHK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful and looking forward to the ginko. As you always give credit, you may use any of my haiku you wish without asking first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all that you do at CP and your other blogs, Kristjaan. This is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... sounds like we're going to have a really great month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kristjaan for the inspiration to keep writing. I am rather new here, and I feel like I have already learnt so much...
    I am very new to the world of Haiku writing. But in the hope that something written by me may one day be chosen by you for a prompt at Carpe Diem, I have to say that I will be honored if you do use a Haiku by me, no permission required :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to your haiku Nimi and for sure there will be a haiku which i can use for the Tan Renga ... thanks for granting me permission to use your haiku. I will always give credit to the poet ...

      Delete